Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What , Again?

I haven't posted in a few days. So much else on my mind. I guess that could be why I've done poorly with sort of thing in the past; so much on my mind, I forget to tell my journal what's on my mind. As in the past, all I can think of is how I'm failing my sons as a father. How I fail as a husband. As a certified genius, how I have failed to live up to that. How I've failed to tell the truth about being a certified genius. Failure weighs heavily in my mind. Tends to cripple goals and dreams. Tends to make one absent minded about things like blogging.

But I've always had hope.

Hope only in how God is gong to change my life, one of these days. I am learning that God so far has not magically transformed me, but He transforms me as I chase, pursue, the transformation. It is not, "God helps them that help themselves" (Aesop, not God's word, said that). It is the puruit of crying out to Him in utter helplessness for help, for victory over sin. This is the hope that I have; I will be like Him, He will make it so, and I must chase the transformation like my life depends on it. The hope is that I will catch the transformation, one day. He'll let me catch Him, and I will be like Him.

Next post: I vent about New Narnia (New Narnia is tripe, and on film. Old Narnia is found in BOOKS by C. S. Lewis)

No comments: